Coastal PharmacyAn Oncology Specialized Pharmacy
The trend in cancer care and treatment toward targeted and oral therapeutics is rapidly growing. Your doctors at Southern Cancer Center currently manage and oversee your infusion chemotherapy drugs and want to do the same with oral chemotherapy and targeted drugs. Both need the specialized oversight of your medical oncologist. Coastal pharmacy, a division of Southern Cancer Center, provides oral chemotherapy and targeted medications as ordered by our physicians. This new service benefits you as we provide continuity of care, an informational resource, and our goal of achieving the best outcome for you, our patient. Please take a look at our Coastal Pharmacy Brochure for more information.
- A pharmacy team that deals only with oncology related medications
- Ensures access to new oral medications
- Assists with insurance approval and financial assistance programs through our pharmacy coordinator
- Provides a team approach between physicians and oncology trained pharmacists and nurses to educate, monitor, and prevent potential side effects and achieve best outcomes with continuity of treatment
- Offers free, convenient, expedited home delivery
- Accepts all insurance and is a preferred provider for Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama
- Open Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Refill hotline is 251.607.5061
Brittney Carden is originally from Hartselle, Alabama. She received a biology degree and chemistry minor from the University of Alabama in Huntsville, then attended Auburn University’s Harrison School of Pharmacy, where she graduated in May of 2013. Soon following graduation, she started as Southern Cancer Center’s Pharmacist.
Cancer became an interest of Brittney’s at the age of 13 when her Paw-Paw was diagnosed with lung cancer. Watching him progress through his disease, she wanted more than anything to be able to help. Her calling into the oncology field became clear, as she wanted to help others through this disease as well.
Brittney resides in Spanish Fort with her husband, Andrew, and daughter, Anniston Kate. They are active in their community and attend 3 Circle Church in Fairhope. Her hobbies include watching sports of any kind (especially her beloved Auburn Football), working out and spending time at the beach with her family.
Located on the campus of Southern Cancer Center
29653 Anchor Cross Blvd; Suite A101
Daphne, Alabama 36526